Randall II Game-by-Game
Transfer from Memphis will be eligible for the 2018-19 season
Former 3-star recruit played in 56 games at Memphis before transferring to Duquesne in April of 2017. Scored in double digits six times for the Tigers. Was originally recruited to Memphis by Josh Pastner. Played one season under Pastner and one under Tubby Smith at Memphis. Is a native of Youngstown, Ohio.
As a Sophomore at Memphis (2015-16)
• Was one of five players to see action in all 32 games.
• Averaged 5.2 points in 18.1 minutes per game. Shot 34.9 percent from the field, including 36-of-125 (28.8 percent) from the 3-point arc.
• Scored in double digits four times (three times in the first six games and once in the final 26).
• Led the team with 125 3-point attempts. Over 75 percent of his field goal attempts came from beyond the arc.
• Scored a career-high 21 points (5-of-9 from 3-point) and added four assists vs. Savannah State.
• Followed the Savannah State game with 18 points (5-of-8 from 3-point) vs. McNeese State.
As a Freshman at Memphis (2014-15)
• Played in 24 games with five starts.
• Averaged 2.2 points and 1.3 rebounds per game. Went 20-of-72 from the field (27.8 percent), 8-of-43 (18.6 percent) from 3-point and 50 percent (4-of-8) from the foul line. Had 11 assists, six steals, and three blocked shots.
• Played in 11 American Athletic Conference games. All five of his starts came in conference play.
• Made his first college start vs. Cincinnati on Feb. 6.
• Scored two points and added two rebounds and a pair of assists against Cincinnati on Feb. 6.
• Scored in double digits twice (in a three-game span) with 10 in 17 minutes at Houston and 10 more vs. Central Florida.
• Played one season of prep basketball at Shadow Mountain (Ariz.) High School as a senior in 2014-15 under head coach Mike Bibby. Bibby starred for the University of Arizona's 1997 NCAA Championship team.
• Averaged 21.2 points, 5.6 assists, 4.7 rebounds and 2.5 steals as a senior for 23-7 Division II state semifinalist Shadow Mountain. Shot 47.8 percent from the field, 35.3 percent from the three-point line and 77.2 percent from the free throw line. Scored in double figures 29 times in 30 games and totaled 20 or more points in a game 16 times.
• Was rated the No. 1 high school player in the state of Arizona by ESPN.com. ESPN.com also tabbed him as the No. 26 player in the West Region and No. 36 point guard in the nation.
• Was named PrepHoopsArizona.com 2014-15 Division II Player of the Year.
• Also named to the 2014-15 Arizona Republic All-USA Arizona American Family Insurance Boys Basketball Team. The All-USA Arizona Team is comprised of the top-five players in the state of Arizona, regardless of division.
• Earned 2014-15 Arizona Republic All-Arizona Division II first team honors.
• Scored a season-high 36 points in an 88-70 victory over Copper Canyon. Had three other 30-point games: twice vs. Arizona Division I state champion Corona del Sol (30 & 33 points) and vs. Gilbert Christian (32 points).
• Transferred to Shadow Mountain after his junior season at Medina High School in Ohio.
• Averaged 20.3 points, 5.1 rebounds and 4.4 assists as a junior at Medina. Helped lead the team to a 19-7 record and the Copley Division I district title game.
• Played his first two seasons at Girard High School located northwest of Youngstown, Ohio.
•Averaged 23.4 ppg. as a sophomore.
• Transferred to Duquesne in April of 2017.
• Grew up in Youngstown, Ohio and relocated to Arizona for his senior season after his father accepted a job in the Phoenix area.
• Was a member of the 8U AAU national championship squad (Team Crons) when he was in second grade.
• His father, L. Craig, finished his playing career at Westminster College in 1984 with 1,503 points and was inducted to the Titan Sports Hall of Fame in 1992. His mother, Karla, played at Kent State.
• His oldest brother, Lance, finished his career at Thiel College in 2011 and currently coaches at a basketball academy in China. His other brother, Kyle, led Central Michigan in scoring in 2013 (18.7 ppg.) and is currently playing professionally in Serbia.
• Undeclared liberal arts major. Date of birth: 4/22/96.
Randall II Stats at Memphis
YEAR G/GS MIN/AVG FG-AT PCT 3M-AT PCT FT-AT PCT O/D REB PF-DQ A TO BK S PTS-AVG
2016* 24/5 190/7.9 20-72 .278 8-43 .186 4-8 .500 6/25 31-1.3 16-0 11 18 3 6 52-2.2
2017* 32/0 579/18.1 58-166 .349 36-125 .288 15-29 .517 14/31 45-1.4 32-0 33 28 5 20 167-5.2
TOT* 56/5 769/13.7 78-238 .328 44-168 .262 19-37 .514 20/56 76-1.4 48-0 44 46 8 26 219-3.9
* - at Memphis
Points - 21, Savannah State (So.)
Rebounds - 6, IUPUI (Fr.)
Assists - 4 (three times), Tulsa (So.) last
Steals - 3, Incarnate Word (So.)
Blocks - 1 (eight times), Tulane (So.) last
3-Pointers - 5, Savannah State & McNeese State (So.)
Minutes - 32, vs. Iowa (So.)
Double-Digit Scoring Games - 6 (2 Fr./4 So.)
20-Point Games - 1 (0 Fr./1 So.)
5-Assist Games - 0 (0 Fr./0 So.)
Double-Doubles - 0 (0 Fr./0 So.)
5 or More 3-Pointers - 2 (0 Fr./2 So.)