Hughes Game-by-Game/Click "current stats"
Transfer from Missouri will be eligible for the 2018-19 season
Transferred to Duquesne in June of 2017 after playing in 30 of 32 games as a freshman at Missouri in 2016-17. Was a consensus 3-star recruit out of high school.
As a Freshman at Missouri (2016-17)
• Played in 30 of 32 games with 11 consecutive starts to open the season for the 8-24 Tigers.
• Averaged 7.6 points and 2.6 rebounds in just under 20 minutes per game.
• Averaged 11.8 ppg. as a starter.
• Scored in double digits eight times, with seven coming in the first nine games.
• His 45 3-pointers, in a team-high 168 attempts, were second-most on the team (45-of-168, .268).
• The 45 made 3-pointers were one shy of the Missouri freshman record set by Kareem Rush in 1999-00.
• Scored 23 points in the season opener vs. Alabama A&M and followed that with a season-high 24 points vs. No. 11 (AP) Xavier in the first round of the Tire Pros Invitational at Orlando, Fla.
• Was the first Tiger to start a career with back-to-back 20-point games.
• The 23 points vs. Alabama A&M tied the Mizzou mark for points by a freshman in a debut set by Steve Stipanovich vs. Southwest Texas State on Nov. 30, 1979.
• Scored 22 points in 27 minutes off the bench at Mississippi.
• Hit five 3-pointers in a game twice (5-of-13 vs. Xavier and 5-of-11 at Ole Miss).
• Hit a game-tying 3-pointer with :03 left to force overtime in the Tigers' 86-83 win over Auburn in the opening round of the SEC Championship.
• Garfield Heights High School in Garfield Heights, Ohio (head coach Sonny Johnson).
• Averaged 19.0 points and 5.0 rebounds per game as a senior for 23-5 Garfield Heights.
• Helped lead the Bulldogs to back-to-back Ohio Division I State semifinal appearances.
• Named Associated Press Division I First Team All-Ohio as a senior.
• Named to Cleveland.com's boys basketball All-Star team following the 2015-16 season.
• Scored 20 or more points five times as a senior, including a 20-point outing in a 70-69 double-overtime win over St. Ignatius to help Garfield Heights to the 2016 OHSAA Division I Final Four.
• Scored a season-high 27 points vs. Shaw as a senior.
• Helped lead Garfield Heights to a 24-4 record as a junior.
• Averaged nearly 15 points per game as a junior, with a career-high game of 28 points vs. Mentor.
• Transferred to Duquesne in June of 2017.
• Received interest from Minnesota, Wichita State, Dayton, Rhode Island and Saint Joseph's among others prior to committing to Duquesne.
• Signed with Missouri in April of 2016.
• Originally signed with Louisville in November of 2015 and was released from his national letter of intent in March of 2016.
• Had scholarship offers from Saint Joseph's, VCU and Wisconsin prior to signing with the Cardinals.
• Ranked as the 11th-best high school prospect in Ohio by 247sports.com as a senior.
• Undeclared liberal arts major. Date of birth: 11/11/97.
Hughes Stats at Missouri
YEAR G/GS MIN/AVG FG-AT PCT 3M-AT PCT FT-AT PCT O/D REB PF-DQ A TO BK S PTS-AVG
2017* 30/11 578/19.3 77-260 .296 45-168 .268 30-53 .566 14/64 78-2.6 44-0 35 39 2 19 229-7.6
* - at Missouri
Points - 24, vs. Xavier (Fr.)
Rebounds - 6, Alabama A&M (Fr.)
Assists - 3, vs. Xavier & at Mississippi (Fr.)
Steals - 3, vs. Xavier (Fr.)
Blocks - 1, Alabama A&M & vs. Auburn (Fr.)
3-Pointers - 5, vs. Xavier & at Mississippi (Fr.)
Minutes - 41, vs. Xavier (Fr.)
Double-Digit Scoring Games - 8 (8 Fr.)
20-Point Games - 3 (3 Fr.)
5-Assist Games - 0 (0 Fr.)
Double-Doubles - 0 (0 Fr.)
5 or More 3-Pointers - 2 (2 Fr.)