Transfer from Miami, Ohio will be eligible for the 2018-19 season
Transferred to Duquesne in April of 2017 after playing in 32 games as a freshman at Miami, Ohio in 2016-17.
As a Freshman at Miami, Ohio (2016-17)
• Was one of four players to see action in all 32 games for the 11-21 Redhawks. Made eight consecutive starts from Jan. 10 through Feb. 4.
• Averaged 9.7 points and 6.0 rebounds per game in shooting 51.3 percent from the field.
• Scored in double digits 15 times with a season high of 19 both in his first career start at Ball State on Jan. 10 and again in a start at Central Michigan on Jan. 21.
• Posted three double-digit rebound games with 12 vs. Grambling, 11 at Ohio and 10 at Kent State. The rebound totals were part of double-doubles vs. Grambling (18-12) and at Kent State (18-10).
• Scored 14 points in 26 minutes to help the Redhawks rally from a 15-point deficit with 11:01 left to post a 79-75 win at Akron (and then-coach Keith Dambrot). His layup with 48 seconds left gave Miami a 75-74 lead and his two free throws with 17 seconds left sealed it.
• Shawnee Mission North High School in Overland Park, Kan. (head coach Steve Stitzer).
• Named first team all-state as senior after helping lead the program to the 2016 Kansas 6A State Championship. Averaged 19 points per game in the three-game run to Shawnee Mission North's first state title in 63 years.
• Finished as program's second all-time leading scorer (to his twin brother Michael) with 1,150 points and third all-time leading rebounder with 425 boards.
• Named first-team All-Sunflower League as senior, averaging 18.5 ppg, 7.0 rpg and 2.3 bpg.
• Was a three-year letterman at small forward.
• Transferred to Duquesne in April of 2017.
• Played with his twin brother, Michael - who is older by three minutes - at Miami in 2017. The 6-2, 160-pound Michael has since transferred to Oklahoma State.
• His late father, also named Michael, played collegiately at Drake (1984). His stepfather, Henry Loring, played football at Grambling.
• Psychology major. Date of birth: 8/5/97.
Weathers' Stats at Miami, Ohio
YEAR G/GS MIN/AVG FG-AT PCT 3M-AT PCT FT-AT PCT O/D REB PF-DQ A TO BK S PTS-AVG
2017* 32/9 788/24.6 98-191 .513 14-40 .350 100-147 .680 67/124 191-6.0 90-2 23 42 20 28 310-9.7
* - at Miami, Ohio
Points - 19, at Central Michigan & at Ball State (Fr.)
Rebounds - 12, Grambling (Fr.)
Assists - 4, Ohio (Fr.)
Steals - 3, at Northern Illinois (Fr.)
Blocks - 3, Western Michigan & Tennessee Tech (Fr.)
3-Pointers - 2, three times, Ohio last (Fr.)
Minutes - 37, at Ball State & Grambling (Fr.)
Double-Digit Scoring Games - 15 (15 Fr.)
20-Point Games - 0 (0 Fr.)
10-Rebound Games - 3 (3 Fr.)
5-Assist Games - 0 (0 Fr.)
Double-Doubles - 2 (2 Fr.)
5 or More 3-Pointers - 0 (0 Fr.)