Hughes Game-by-Game/Click "stats"
Transfer from Akron will be eligible for the 2018-19 season
Transferred to Duquesne in April of 2017 after playing in 20 games as a freshman at Akron in 2016-17. Was named - along with current DU teammate Mike Lewis II - to the 20-man 2016 Class 5A all-state team by the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association.
As a Freshman at Akron (2016-17)
• Played in 20 games for the 27-9 Zips.
• Averaged 1.8 points and 1.2 rebounds in 7.3 minutes per game, playing behind MAC Player of the Year Isaiah Johnson. Shot 45.8 percent from the field, including 65.0 percent (13-of-20) from the foul line.
• Scored a season-high six points in a season-high 15 minutes vs. Adrian.
• Had a season-best four rebounds in 11 minutes vs. Coppin State.
• Saw action in six Mid-American Conference games.
• Liberty North High School in Liberty, Mo. (head coach Chris McCabe).
• Finished his career with school records for rebounds (979) and blocked shots (349) and field-goal percentage (64.9 percent). The blocks total ranked tenth in Missouri State High School Activities Association history. His 1,209 points were the second-most in school history.
• Averaged 22 points and 15 rebounds in helping Liberty North to a sixth-consecutive district championship as a senior.
• Was the first player in program history named as a finalist for the DiRenna Award, which is presented annually to the most outstanding high school basketball player in the Kansas City metropolitan area.
• Named all-state by the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association.
• Was a three-time Suburban Middle Seven all-conference and all-district first-team honoree.
• Earned District MVP as a junior and senior.
• Averaged a double-double as a senior (22 ppg., 15 rpg.) and a junior (14.4 ppg., 12.0 rpg.) and 12.1 points and 8.7 rebounds per game as a sophomore.
• Transferred to Duquesne in April of 2017.
• Originally signed with Akron in November of 2015.
• Was named - along with current DU teammate Mike Lewis II - to the 20-man 2016 Class 5A all-state team by the Missouri Basketball Coaches Association.
• His 80-foot buzzer-beating 3-pointer from his own foul line at the end of the first half of Liberty North's 74-62 win against Fort Osage, earned him the No. 2 spot on ESPN SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays on Feb. 12, 2016.
• Undeclared liberal arts major. Date of birth: 2/1/98.
Hughes Stats at Akron
YEAR G/GS MIN/AVG FG-AT PCT 3M-AT PCT FT-AT PCT O/D REB PF-DQ A TO BK S PTS-AVG
2017* 20/0 146/7.3 11-24 .458 0-0 .000 13-20 .650 8/16 24-1.2 25-1 7 9 10 6 35-1.8
* - at Akron
Points - 6, Adrian (Fr.)
Rebounds - 4, Coppin State (Fr.)
Assists - 2, Maryland-Eastern Shore (Fr.)
Steals - 3, American (Fr.)
Blocks - 2, vs. Air Force & at Gonzaga (Fr.)
3-Pointers - 0
Minutes - 15 Adrian (Fr.)
Double-Digit Scoring Games - 0 (0 Fr.)
20-Point Games - 0 (0 Fr.)
10-Rebound Games - 0 (0 Fr.)
Double-Doubles - 0 (0 Fr.)