Duquesne is 7-7 in its past 14 games against Dayton.
Jan. 24, 2013
Game Notes | Duquesne Streaming Audio | Live Stats | Free Streaming Video
Game #20 / DUQUESNE (7-12, 0-5) at DAYTON (11-7, 1-3)
Saturday, Jan. 26, 2013 • 4:00 EST• Dayton, Ohio • UD Arena (13,266)
Radio: WPGB-FM 104.7 with Ray Goss (`58) (pxp), Jarrett Durham (`71) (analyst)
Streaming Audio: www.RedZoneMedia.com
Television: Time Warner Cable with Tim Bray (pxp), Derrick Dukes (analyst)
Live Stats & Free Streaming Video: www.DaytonFlyers.com
• Duquesne (7-12, 0-5) heads to Ohio to face Dayton (11-7, 1-3) on Saturday, Jan. 26 at 4:00 p.m. The game, which will be televised regionally by CBS Sports Network, will air locally on PCNC.
• DU dropped its seventh in a row on Wednesday night to Saint Louis, 73-64 ... Jerry Jones posted his first career double-double (18-11) in defeat ... the Dukes, who are looking for their first conference win, are 1-7 on the road (a 73-72 win at Appalachian State on Nov. 28) ... DU has lost its last five road games.
• Dayton posted its first conference win on Wednesday night over Fordham (96-51) at UD Arena ... the Flyers, who are 8-3 at home, went 15-of-21 from the 3-point arc in posting their highest point total of the season.
• Seven of DU's 12 losses have come to teams that began the week ranked in the NCAA RPI Top 80 ... one of the others came on the road to 16-5 Albany (121 in Monday's RPI) ... DU's top RPI wins have been over West Virginia (93) and Western Michigan (109).
• The Dukes, who ranked 337th of 338th schools in rebounding margin last season (-7.5 rpg.), are outrebounding opponents by +0.7 per game - a net improvement of 8.2 rpg. ... DU's margin in conference play is -4.4 ... Duquesne has outrebounded its opponents by +8.2 per game in its seven wins (300-243) ... in its 12 losses, the Dukes have been outrebounded by 3.6 per contest (429-473).
The Last Meeting
February 22, 2012
A.J. Palumbo Center
• This is the first of back-to-back road games for the Dukes who head to Olean, N.Y. to face St. Bonaventure on Saturday, Feb. 2 at 4:00 p.m. ... the SBU game will also be televised regionally by Time Warner Cable and will be carried by ROOT Sports Pittsburgh locally.
SERIES QUICK NOTES
• This is the 68th meeting in a series that dates to Jan. 5, 1953 ... Dayton leads 45-22, including a 23-8 lead in Atlantic 10 regular season games and a 27-6 advantage in games played at Dayton.
• Duquesne, which lost 16 in a row to Dayton from 1997 through 2004, is 7-7 against the Flyers in the past 14 games.
• DU is 3-4 in its past seven games at University of Dayton Arena with the last two losses coming in overtime (78-72 OT in 2010) and by one point (64-63 in 2011) ... Duquesne won 83-73 at Dayton last season ... the 10-point margin of victory was DU's largest at Dayton in series history.
• The this is the first season since 2008-09 that Dukes and Flyers are not meeting home-and-home ... the two split the season series in each of the past three seasons.
Duquesne is 3-4 at University of Dayton Arena - with a win, a one-point loss (64-63 in 2011) and an overtime loss (78-72 in 2010) - in its past three visits:
MOST VISITING WINS AT UD ARENA SINCE 2004-05
3 - DUQUESNE
3 - Rhode Island
3 - Xavier
2 - UMass
2 - Saint Louis
2 - Temple
ON THE FLYERS
Dayton, the preseason pick to finish 8th in the A-10 dropped its first three conference games before defeating Fordham, 96-51, at home on Wednesday ... senior guard Kevin Dillard, a preseason First Team All-A-10 pick, leads second-year head coach Archie Miller's Flyers in scoring (15.2), assists (85), steals (25) and 3-pointers (35) ... UD is 8-3 at home ... Dayton is 96-17 over the past six years on Tom Blackburn Court in UD Arena ... Duquesne is one of four teams (along with Rhode Island, Saint Louis and Xavier) with multiple UD Arena wins over that span (all four schools have two victories).
• Freshman Derrick Colter has scored in double digits in 11 consecutive games ... he is averaging 16.2 points (27-of-69, .391 from 3-point) and 5.5 assists per game over that span (178 points, 60 assists with 38 turnovers) ... he has hit at least three 3-pointers in seven of his past 11 games.
• Junior Jerry Jones is coming off his first career double-double (18-11) vs. Saint Louis ... it was his first double-digit scoring game since he had 11 at Robert Morris on Dec. 15.
• Duquesne's rebound margin is +5.3 at home and -4.5 on the road (including neutral-site games).
• DU is holding opponents to .409 shooting at home (.473 in road and neutral-site games).