Dec. 23, 2017
Duquesne (9-3), coming off a 67-65 win over San Francisco last night, concludes play in the Continental Tire Las Vegas Classic against Southern Illinois (7-5) Saturday night at 8:30 p.m. (ET).
The Duquesne vs. Southern Illinois game will be televised nationally by FS1 with Justin Kutcher and Casey Jacobsen describing the action.
* The Dukes have won seven in a row. It is the longest win streak since 2010-11. The seven-game streak is tied for the school's fourth-longest since 1969-70.
* With last night's win, DU is now 7-1 in December. It is the most December wins since the 1979-80 NIT team also went 7-1. Duquesne enters the SIU game looking for its eighth December win, something that hasn't been accomplished since 1971-72 (8-0).
* The school record for pre-New Year's wins is 10, set in 1953-54 (10-0) and tied in 2015-16 (10-3).
* This is Duquesne's first meeting with Southern Illinois. The Salukis, who compete in the Missouri Valley Conference, are coming off an 86-64 loss to Nevada last night.
* Mike Lewis II scored 18 of his game-high 20 points in the second half of DU's 67-65 win over San Francisco. Lewis II went 4-of-6 from the 3-point arc in posting his fifth 20-point game of the season.
* Freshman Eric Williams Jr. added 15 points and eight rebounds in the USF game. Williams Jr., who is one of just four Division I freshmen averaging a double-double (14.3, 10.2), has grabbed at least eight rebounds in 11 of 12 games this season.
* The Dukes are limiting opponents to 62.9 points per game. It is the lowest opponent scoring average since 1961-62 (61.1 ppg.).
* DU has held its last seven opponents under 70 points.
The Dukes break for Christmas before beginning Atlantic 10 play at home vs. Dayton on Saturday, Dec. 30. The Dayton game, set for 4:00 p.m., will be televised by AT&T SportsNet.