Duquesne - La Salle Postgame Notes
Senior wide reeiver Jeremy Conley
Oct. 26, 2002
- The victory upped Duquesne's MAAC Football League win streak to 21 games.
- Duquesne's top-ranked defense posted a season-high eight sacks for -53
yards. This gives DU 15 sacks in its last two games.
- La Salle
finished the game with minus 32 yards rushing on 21 attempts.
defensive end Bill Arbogast (Beaver Falls, Pa./Blackhawk) led the defensive
charge with a career-high 3.0 sacks (-16 yards).
- Freshman running back
Kyle Postell (Greenbelt, Md./Eleanor Roosevelt) posted his second
consecutive 100-yard game with a game-high 130 yards rushing on 17 attempts
(7.6 ypc.). Postell scored on runs of 11, 1 and 12 yards.
running back Mike Hilliard (Homer Center, Pa./Homer Center) added 122 yards
and two TDs (12, 1) on 20 carries It was his team-high fourth 100-yard
game of the season.
- Sophomore quarterback Niel Loebig (McDonald,
Pa./South Fayette) completed 12-of-19 passes for 163 yards and two
touchdowns on the afternoon. Loebig has now thrown for two or more TDs
in 15 of his 18 regular-season starts.
- Senior wide receiver Jeremy Conley (Pittsburgh, Pa./Allderdice) led the receiving corps with eight
catches for 105 yards and two scores, both 5 yard scores.
- Duquesne scored touchdowns
on six of seven first half possessions.
- DU outgained La Salle 533-106 on
the afternoon, including a 362-7 edge during the decisive first half.