Aug. 26, 2017
| DUQUESNE MEN’S SOCCER GAMEDAY
||Bloomsburg (0-0-0) at Duquesne (0-1-0)
|Date | Time
||Sunday, August 27, 2017 | 12:00 p.m. ET
||Rooney Field (2,200/Sportexe) | Pittsburgh, Pa.
|| A-10 Digital Network (free)
||Admission is free
Duquesne (0-1-0), coming off a season-opening 4-2 loss at Saint Francis U on Friday, returns home to face Bloomsburg (0-0-0) at Noon on Sunday, August 27 in the 2017 home opener.
This is the first meeting between the Dukes and Huskies.
• Duquesne is 46-18-9 all-time - including a 13-3-1 mark under fifth-year head coach Chase Brooks - in nonconference games on Rooney Field.
• The Dukes were 4-0-1 in nonconference home games last season.
• Brooks has led DU to Atlantic 10 Championship appearances in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
• DU’s seven returning starters include: grad student D Cody West (18 games/18 starts), sophomore F Zach Hall (18/17), junior D/M Ian Larson (17/16), senior M Fredrik Borenstein (18/15), junior M Noah Mehta (17/11), sophomore D/M Ryan Landry (16/11) and senior M/F George Poppas (18/10).
• Duquesne returns 13 of its 16 goals scored last season (DU benefitted from one own goal) in the form of Borenstein (3), Larson (2), Landry (2), Hall (2), junior M Austin Stout (2), sophomore F Jallah Acqui (1) and junior M/F Olav Hovstad (1).
• DU returns its top five point-getters from last season in Borenstein (nine points, 3g/3a). Landry (seven points, 2g/3a), Larson (six points, 2g/2a), Hall (five points, 2g/1a) and Stout (four points, 2g).
• Borenstein leads the team in career points (26), goals (9) and assists (8). He has three career game-winners.
• Borenstein (52g/34 starts) and senior George Poppas (41g/12starts) entered the season as DU’s two most-experienced returnees in terms ot total games played.
• The Dukes, who are looking to replace goalkeeper Evan Kozlowski who posted nine shutouts in starting all 18 games last season, opened the season with sophomore Scott Rissler in net. It was Rissler’s first Division I game.
• Sophomore Zach Hall had a goal and assist in the season opener at Saint Francis U. Fellow sophomore Jallah Acqui added the Dukes’ other goal.
The Dukes host Marshall on Thursday, August 31 at 7:00 p.m. on Rooney Field. Admission to all DU home matches is free.