Oct. 10, 2017
| DUQUESNE MEN'S SOCCER GAMEDAY
||Duquesne (3-8-1, 1-2) at Davidson (6-4-1, 1-2)
|Date | Time
||Wednesday, October 11, 2017 | 7:00 p.m. ET
||Alumni Stadium | Davidson, N.C.
|| Live Stream
|| Live Stats
Duquesne (3-8-1, 1-2) plays its second consecutive road game, when it heads to North Carolina to face Davidson (6-4-1, 1-2) on Wednesday, Oct. 11 at 7:00 p.m. Click here for up-to-date Atlantic 10 standings.
The young series is tied at 1-1 with the two splitting home wins. Davidson defeated the Dukes at home, 1-0, on Oct. 31, 2014 and Duquesne returned the favor by a 3-1 score at Rooney Field on Nov. 7, 2015.
• This is the 23rd season for the Duquesne men’s soccer program.
• DU is in its fifth season under head coach Chase Brooks. Brooks has led the Dukes to Atlantic 10 Championship appearances in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
• Duquesne heads to Davidson looking for its first road win. The Dukes do own at tie away from home (1-1 at Robert Morris on Sept. 24).
• Davidson, which was picked to finish 10th in the Atlantic 10 preseason poll, is 4-1-1 at home.
• The Wildcats opened the season 5-0-1, before dropping four straight. Davidson got back on the winning track with a 1-0 win at St. Bonaventure on Saturday.
• Duquesne is coming off back-to-back losses to Saint Louis (0-3) on Oct. 4 and at UMass (0-5) on Saturday afternoon.
• Eight players have scored for the Dukes, led by sophomore Zach Hall, senior Jason Twum and sophomore Jallah Acqui with three goals each. Hall and Acqui are tied for the team lead with eight point apiece.
• Hall leads the team in shots (35) and shots on goal (16). Austin Stout is second with 16 shots and Ian Larson third with 13. Tyrese Edwards is second to Hall in shots on goal with six (of nine total shots).
• Edwards, a freshman, came off the bench to score a pair of second-half goals on Aug. 27 vs. Bloomsburg. Edwards, who logged 37 minutes, scored in the 76th and 78th minute. The Brampton, Ontario native took a team high six shots, including a team-most four on goal in that game.
• Twum, who was scoreless in his first 37 games at DU, has scored three times in the Dukes’ past seven games.
• Duquesne’s five goals vs. Bloomsburg (Aug. 27) tied its high under Brooks set in a 5-0 win at St. Bonaventure on Oct. 12, 2014.
• Graduate student Cody West and junior Olav Hovstad are the team captains for 2017.
The Dukes are idle until Oct. 18, when they host St. Bonaventure at 7:00 p.m. in the second-to-last home match of the regular season.
The Last Meeting
November 7, 2015