Oct. 17, 2017
| DUQUESNE MEN’S SOCCER GAMEDAY
||St. Bonaventure (4-8-2, 0-4) at Duquesne (3-9-1, 1-3)
|Date | Time
||Wednesday, October 18, 2017 | 7:00 p.m. ET
||Rooney Field (2,200/Sportexe) | Pittsburgh, Pa.
|| A-10 Digital Network (free)
||Admission is free
Duquesne (3-9-1, 1-3) returns to action after being idle for a week to host St. Bonaventure (4-8-2, 0-4) on Wednesday, Oct. 18 at 7:00 p.m. in the second-to-last regular season home game of 2017. The Dukes and Bonnies are among those battling for a top eight Atlantic 10 Conference finish and spot in the Nov. 4-12 league championship. Click here for up-to-date Atlantic 10 standings.
Duquesne leads the overall series 13-6-4, including an 8-2-1 advantage in matches on Rooney Field. SBU snapped a four-game DU series winning streak with a 0-0 (2OT) draw in Olean last year. Duquesne is 5-0-3 in its past eight meetings with the Bonnies. St. Bonaventure’s last series win came on Oct. 25, 2008 in Olean (2-0). SBU’s last win on Rooney Field was on Oct. 20, 2007 (1-0).
• Duquesne is 61-38-10 all-time - including a 9-7-2 mark under fifth-year head coach Chase Brooks - in Atlantic 10 games on Rooney Field.
• Brooks has led DU to Atlantic 10 Championship appearances in 2013, 2015 & 2016.
• The Dukes are 3-3 at home this season with a 5-0 home-opening win over Bloomsburg on Aug. 27, a 2-1 victory over Navy on Sept. 16 and a 3-1 win over La Salle on Sept. 30.
• St. Bonaventure, which was picked to finish 13th in the Atlantic 10 preseason poll, is 3-3-2 on the road. They own road wins at Bucknell (1-0 in OT), at Robert Morris (3-2 in 2OT) and at Saint Francis U (1-0).
• The Bonnies, who are coming off a 6-1 loss at Dayton on Saturday, have dropped four in a row.
• SBU is led in scoring by junior Nigeria native Kosi Nwafornso with four goals.
• Duquesne won its A-10 opener over La Salle (3-1) before being held scorless in its past three matches. DU’s last goal came in the 83rd minute vs. the Explorers (a span of 277 minutes entering the SBU game).
• Eight players have scored for DU, led by sophomore Zach Hall, senior Jason Twum and sophomore Jallah Acqui with three goals each. Hall and Acqui are tied for the team lead with eight point apiece.
• Hall leads the team in shots (35) and shots on goal (16). Austin Stout is second with 17 shots and Ian Larson third with 14. Tyrese Edwards is second to Hall in shots on goal with six (of nine total shots).
• Edwards, a freshman, came off the bench to score a pair of second-half goals on Aug. 27 vs. Bloomsburg. Edwards, who logged 37 minutes, scored in the 76th and 78th minute. The Brampton, Ontario native took a team high six shots, including a team-most four on goal in that game.
• Twum, who was scoreless in his first 37 games at DU, has scored three times in the Dukes’ past eight games.
• Duquesne’s five goals vs. Bloomsburg (Aug. 27) tied its high under Brooks set in a 5-0 win at St. Bonaventure on Oct. 12, 2014.
• Graduate student Cody West and junior Olav Hovstad are the team captains for 2017.
The Dukes head to Washington, D.C. to take on George Washington on Saturday, Oct. 21 at 2:00 p.m.
The Last Meeting
October 5, 2016
Duquesne outshot St. Bonaventure 17-10 and had 17 corner kicks to the Bonnies' three, but could not find the back of the net in a 0-0 draw in Olean, N.Y.