Jason Twum and the Dukes take on George Washington Saturday at 2 p.m. in Washington, D.C.
Oct. 20, 2017
| DUQUESNE MEN'S SOCCER GAMEDAY
||Duquesne (3-10-1, 1-4) at George Washington (7-6-2, 4-2)
|Date | Time
||Saturday, October 21, 2017 | 2:00 p.m. ET
||Athletics Complex at Mount Vernon | Washington, D.C.
|| Live Stream (subscription required)
Duquesne (3-10-1, 1-4) heads to the nation’s capital to face George Washington (7-6-2, 4-2) on Saturday, Oct. 21 at 2:00 p.m. Click here for up-to-date Atlantic 10 standings.
Duquesne leads the series 10-8-1. In games at Washington, D.C., the Colonials hold a 5-4-1 advantage. DU has won the past two meetings, both at home, 1-0 in overtime last year and 4-0 in 2014. GW has won the past two in Washington, D.C. (1-0 in 2011 and 3-2 in 2OT in 2008). The Dukes are 8-3-1 vs. the Colonials in the past 12 meetings (dating back to 2002).
• This is the 23rd season for the Duquesne men’s soccer program.
• DU is in its fifth season under head coach Chase Brooks. Brooks has led the Dukes to Atlantic 10 Championship appearances in 2013, 2015 and 2016.
• Duquesne heads to GW looking for its first road win. The Dukes do own at tie away from home (1-1 at Robert Morris on Sept. 24).
• George Washington, which was picked to finish sixth in the Atlantic 10 preseason poll, is 4-1-1 at home.
• The Colonials enter the match as one of the hottest teams in the conference with wins in four of their past five outings.
• GW, which is coming off a 2-0 home win over Davidson on Wednesday, is undefeated - and unscored upon - in three A-10 home games (1-0 in OT over George Mason, 2-0 over Dayton and 2-0 over Davidson).
• Duquesne enters Saturday’s match looking to end a four-game scoreless streak. DU’s last goal came of the foot of Jallah Acqui in the 83rd minute of a 3-1 win over La Salle on Sept. 30. (a span of 379 minutes).
• Eight players have scored for the Dukes, led by sophomore Zach Hall, senior Jason Twum and sophomore Jallah Acqui with three goals each. Hall and Acqui are tied for the team lead with eight point apiece.
• Hall leads the team in shots (40) and shots on goal (17). Austin Stout is second with 18 shots and Ian Larson third with 15. Tyrese Edwards is second to Hall in shots on goal with six (of 10 total shots).
• Edwards, a freshman, came off the bench to score a pair of second-half goals on Aug. 27 vs. Bloomsburg. Edwards, who logged 37 minutes, scored in the 76th and 78th minute. The Brampton, Ontario native took a team high six shots, including a team-most four on goal in that game.
• Twum, who was scoreless in his first 37 games at DU, has scored three times in the Dukes’ past eight games.
• Graduate student Cody West and junior Olav Hovstad are the team captains for 2017.
The Dukes return home for a Senior Day match-up with Dayton on Saturday, October 28 at 7:00 p.m.
The Last Meeting
October 8, 2016
Duquesne extended its school record shutout streak to seven games with yet another dramatic win, as Zach Hall found the back of the net in the 95th minute to give the Dukes a 1-0 win over George Washington.