Megan Aller / Matt Dombrowski
April 13, 2018
- The Dukes head to Lewisburg, Pa. for the 2018 Bucknell Bison Outdoor Classic on Saturday, April 14 and Sunday, April 15 in a very competitive field including athletes from Penn State, Pitt, Syracuse, Army, Binghamton, Bucknell, Buffalo, Canisius, Colgate, Cornell, Detroit Mercy, Hofstra, Lafayette, Lehigh, Loyola, Lipscomb, Penn, Siena, VMI, West Virginia, Youngstown State and more.
- Duquesne is coming off the 53rd Annual Colonial Relays hosted by William & Mary last weekend, in which the men took seventh place and the women placed 15th. A total of 42 teams competed at the meet.
- On the men's side, the 4x100-meter relay team of freshman Andrew George (Louisville, Ohio/St. Thomas Aquinas), senior Robert Norman (Moon Township, Pa./Moon Area), sophomore Levi DeBlase(Somerset, Pa./Somerset Area) and freshman Isaac Elliott (Ambridge, Pa./Ambridge) paced the event with a time of 42.64 to highlight the Dukes' performance.
- For the women's track and field team, junior Taylor Hagins (Washington D.C./Loyola (La.)) and sophomore Maiah Yankello (Monaca, Pa./Central Valley) both contributed first-place showings for Duquesne. Hagins won the hammer throw with a mark of 41.75 meters and Yankello topped all competition in the 400-meter hurdles with a time of 1:01.33.
- Elliott owns the top time in the A-10 this season in the 100-meter dash of 10.62 from the Charlotter 49er Classic. In addition, Elliott is second in the conference in the 200-meter dash at 21.41 from the 49er Classic. Both of these times represent school records.
- Several other Dukes are second in the A-10 to this point in the season in their respective events, including David O'Such (Collegeville, Pa./Spring-Ford) in the 400-meter dash (47.80), senior Rico Galassi (Dickson City, Pa./Holy Cross) in the 5000-meter run (14:30.69), Yankello in the 400-meter hurdles (1:01.33) and Sophomore Maris Seto (Brownsville, Pa./Brownsville) in the high jump (1.65 meters). Also, sophomore Alex Long (Waymart, Pa./Western Wayne) is currently third in the triple jump (13.74 meters).
The Dukes return to Lewisburg for the Bucknell Heptagonal Meet next weekend on Saturday, April 21 and Sunday, April 22.