Feb. 17, 2018
PITTSBURGH - Robert Morris claimed a 10-9 victory over Duquesne in the Dukes' season opener on Saturday afternoon at Rooney Field.
HOW IT HAPPENED
- With the score tied at 7-7, junior midfielder Sarah Kollhoff (Exton, Pa./Downington) scored two straight goals to give Duquesne a 9-7 lead with just over six minutes to play in the second half.
- The Colonials responded with three unanswered goals to close out the 10-9 triumph.
- The score was knotted 2-2 at the half.
- RMU jumped out to a 2-0 advantage before the Dukes answered with four straight goals.
- Neither team led by more than two in the closely-contested matchup.
- Senior attacker Jill Vacanti (Penfield, N.Y./Penfield) and Kollhoff each netted hat tricks for the Dukes.
- Vacanti also added an assist on the afternoon.
- Freshman midfielder Carlee Braverman (Laurel, N.J./Lenape) scored two goals in her collegiate debut while classmate Michaela Connolly (Sykesville, Md./Century) had a pair of assists in her first game with Duquesne.
- Junior defender Erin Conway (Basking Ridge, N.J./Ridge) paced the Dukes with seven ground balls and five caused turnovers.
Duquesne travels to State College to take on 12th-ranked Penn State on Wednesday, Feb. 21 at 4 p.m.