Sarah Kollhoff paces the Dukes with 16 caused turnovers to go with 28 draw controls, 23 ground balls and 12 goals.
April 12, 2018
DUQUESNE: Roster / Schedule / Stats / News
LA SALLE: Roster / Schedule / Stats / News
- The Dukes own a 14-6 edge in the all-time series against the Explorers.
- Duquesne and La Salle first met in 1998.
- The Dukes won five straight over the Explorers from 2001-05.
- La Salle earned a 21-11 victory over DU last season in Pittsburgh.
SCOUTING THE DUKES
- The Dukes opened up a stretch of three straight road games with a loss at George Mason last Sunday.
- Senior Attacker Jill Vacanti (Penfield, N.Y./Penfield) slid into sole possession of ninth all-time in goals scored in program history for the Dukes with 130 career goals after she netted two goals in the loss to GMU. She needs just four goals to move into eighth all-time and just 10 more points to crack the top-10 in that category as well.
- Vacanti has five hat tricks on the year, including a season-high five-goal performance in a win at Detroit Mercy.
- Freshman midfielder Carlee Braverman (Laurel, N.J./Lenape) is second on the team with 19 goals on the year. In addition, she is tied for sixth in the Atlantic 10 with nine free position goals on the season. Braverman has scored a goal in nine of 11 games for the Dukes.
- Sophomore Maddie Hart (Sykesville, Md./Century) ranks fourth in the conference with 59 draw controls in 2018. She also is second on the team with 23 points for Duquesne.
- Sophomore Kirsten Barnes (Brielle, N.J./Manasquan) has scored nine goals on the season on a 69.2 shooting percentage, good for third in the league.
The Last Meeting
April 21, 2017
@DuqLax Falls to La Salle 21-11
Courtney Battles and Jill Vacanti each netted three goals in the Duquesne lacrosse team's 21-11 loss to La Salle Friday afternoon on Rooney Field
SCOUTING THE EXPLORERS
- Senior midfielder/defender Abbey Meehan (Arnold, Md./Broadneck) ranks 13th nationally and third in the Atlantic 10 with 28 caused turnovers so far this season.
- Senior attacker Brittany Edwards (Malvern, Pa./Great Valley) is third in the conference with 36 goals on the season followed by freshman midfielder Bridget Ruskey (Stone Harbor, N.J./Middle Township), who is fourth in the league with 34 goals for the Explorers. Edwards had six goals and an assist in a 16-12 victory over LIU Brooklyn while Ruskey has at least three goals in nine contests on the year.
- After winning two straight games over Manhattan and LIU Brooklyn, La Salle has dropped four consecutive contests to open A-10 play. The Explorers took Vanderbilt to overtime before eventually falling by a score of 11-10. The Commodores were receiving votes in the IWLCA Top 25.
- Duquesne makes the short trek over the Schuykill River to take on St. Joseph's on Sunday, April 15 at 1 p.m. ET. The Dukes will then return home for a pair of A-10 contests next weekend against Davidson and George Washington.