April 13, 2018
|Date / Time
||Saturday, April 14 | Sunday, April 15
||Mercer Lake | West Windsor, N.J.
- The Dukes return to New Jersey for the second consecutive weekend as they will compete in the Knecht Cup beginning on Saturday, April 14 through Sunday, April 15.
- Teams competing in the Knecht Cup include Boston University, Boston College, Georgetown, George Mason, MIT, George Washington, Harvard, Holy Cross, Jefferson, Kansas, Manhattan, Miami, New Hampshire, North Park, Old Dominion, Penn, Penn State, Pitt, Princeton, Temple, TCNJ, UConn, UMass, Villanova, Wichita State, Wisconsin,
- The action gets underway on Saturday at 7:30 a.m. Duquesne is scheduled to start at 8:18 a.m. ET with the varsity four race. Sunday's races are slated to begin at 7 a.m. ET.
- At last weekend's Cooper Invite, the Dukes' varsity eight consisting of coxswain Faith Caldiero, Lauren Murray, Brittney Raible, Samantha Dunn, Cassandra Holder, Allison Schmitt, Jessica Goldstein, Rachel Pierce and Kasie Sayers placed fifth in the grand final with a time of 7:21.46. Duquesne bested Fordham in the event for the first time since 2016. The Dukes also topped Villanova by over two seconds in the grand final after trailing the Wildcats in the heat earlier in the day.
- In addition, the DU varsity four with Meredith O'Neil, Rachel Kaup, Caroline Redd, Amanda Pellegrino and coxswain Mary Clay finished third in the grand final in the event with a time of 8:34.46 after placing second in their heat behind Canisius, who they defeated in the grand final by over 10 seconds. The Dukes also bested A-10 foes Fordham and Dayton in the event.
- Duquesne will take on Mercyhurst, Pittsburgh and Robert Morris in a scrimmage next Saturday, April 21 on the Allegheny River.