Jan. 18, 2018
- Duquesne returns to the pool with a road contest at Akron on Friday at 5 p.m. at Ocasek Natatorium.
- The Dukes' last meet originally scheduled for Saturday, Jan. 13 vs. Ohio and Xavier was canceled due to inclement weather.
- DU last competed in the Orange Bowl Swim Classic on Jan. 3 as part of the Dukes' Florida Training Trip. Duquesne topped South Dakota by a score of 284-164 at the Jacobs Aquatic Center, winning all 12 events at the meet.
- The Dukes last faced Akron on Oct. 19, 2012 at Towers Pool, with the Zips claiming a 158-104 victory.
- DU is now 8-0 in dual meets this season while Akron comes in at 4-1. The Zips are coming off a 158-85 Mid-American Conference triumph over Toledo on Jan. 13. Akron also won the Magnus Cup earlier this season with the Dukes taking second place at the event.
- Heading into Friday's meet at Akron, DU owns nine top times in events among Atlantic 10 teams, including sophomore Summer Svitavsky (Willoughby, Ohio/Hawken) in the 500 free (Magnus Cup / 4:57.14) and 1650 Free (Magnus Cup / 17:03.34), junior Emily Thirion (Warren, Ohio/Warren) in the 50 breast (Magnus Cup / 29.38), senior Kayla Owens (Youngstown, Pa./Greater Latrobe) in the 200 Breast (Magnus Cup / 2:17.78), junior Kristen McKnight (Gibsonia, Pa./Hampton) in the 50 Fly (Magnus Cup / 25.78), freshman Emma Brinton (Landenburg, Pa./Avon Grove) in the 100 IM (Magnus Cup / 58.39) and 200 IM (Magnus Cup / 2:02.21), as well as senior Lexi Santer (Wilmington, Del./Charter School of Wilmington) in the 400 IM (Magnus Cup / 4:24.25). In addition, the 200 medley relay team consisting of senior Abby Watson (Chesterfield, Mo./Marquette), junior Abigail Stauffer (Chambersburg, Pa./Chambersburg), Thirion and senior Michelle Heim (Greensboro, N.C./Ragsdale) (Magnus Cup / 1:43.37) also holds the top time in the conference in that event this season.
- The Dukes will make the short two-mile trek to Trees Pool for the Western PA Invite on Jan. 26-27.
- Diving will take place on Friday, Jan. 26 beginning at 1 p.m. followed by swimming on Saturday, Jan. 27 at 11 a.m.
- The DU divers will compete at the Youngstown State Diving Invite on Saturday, Feb. 3 before the Dukes will travel to the SPIRE Institute in Geneva, Ohio for the 2018 Atlantic 10 Championship from Feb. 14-17.