Jan. 25, 2018
| MEET INFORMATION
||Duquesne at Western PA Invite
|Date | Time
||Friday, Jan. 26, 2017 (Diving) | 1 PM // Saturday, Jan. 27, 2017 | 11 AM (Swimming)
||Trees Pool | Pittsburgh, Pa.
|| ACC Digital Network | WatchESPN
| Social Media
- The Dukes return to action with the Western PA Invite this weekend hosted by the University of Pittsburgh at Trees Pool. Diving will take place on Friday, Jan. 26 beginning at 1 p.m. followed by swimming on Saturday, Jan. 27 at 11 a.m.
- Duquesne finished the dual portion of its schedule with an 8-1 record. In the last two seasons, the Dukes are 17-3 in dual meet competition.
- Duquesne faced off with four-time defending Mid-American Conference (MAC) champion Akron last weekend, with the Zips claiming a 197-101 victory. Abigail Stauffer (Chambersburg, Pa./Chambersburg) won the 100-yard breaststroke with a time of 1:04.48 for the Dukes, who also added seven second-place finishes on the day.
- DU owns nine top times in the Atlantic 10 heading into this weekend's meet including:
• Summer Svitavsky (Willoughby, Ohio/Willoughby) - 500 free (Magnus Cup / 4:57.14)
1650 free (Magnus Cup / 17:03.34)
• Emma Brinton (Landenburg, Pa./Avon Grove) - 100 IM (Magnus Cup / 58.39)
200 IM (Magnus Cup / 2:02.21)
• Emily Thirion (Warren, Ohio/Warren) - 50 breast (Magnus Cup / 29.38)
• Kayla Owens (Youngstown, Pa./Greater Latrobe) - 200 breast (Magnus Cup / 2:17.78)
• Kristen McKnight (Gibsonia, Pa./Hampton) - 50 fly (Magnus Cup / 25.78)
• Lexi Santer (Wilmington, Del./Charter School of Wilmington) - 400 IM (Magnus Cup / 4:24.25)
• 200 medley relay - Abby Watson (Chesterfield, Mo./Marquette), Abigail Stauffer, Emily Thirion, Michelle Heim (Greensboro, N.C./Ragsdale) (Magnus Cup / 1:43.37)
- At last year's Western PA Invite, Lexi Santer placed first in the 200-yard IM with a time of 2:10.12.
Abigail Stauffer added a second-place finish in the 200-yard IM (2:10.96) while the 200-yard freestyle relay team of Kristen McKnight, Emily Thirion, Michelle Heim and Kayla Owens also placed second in the event (1:37.20).
Stauffer contributed a pair of third-place marks in the 100-yard breaststroke (1:06.53) and the 200-yard breaststroke (2:23.89), as well.
- The Duquesne divers will compete in the YSU Diving Invite on Saturday, Feb. 3. The action gets underway at 1 p.m. at the Beeghly Center Natatorium in Youngstown, Ohio.
- The Dukes swimmers and divers travel to Geneva, Ohio for the 2018 Atlantic 10 Championship on Feb. 14-17 at the SPIRE Institute. Duquesne was picked to finish second at the championship meet in the conference preseason poll after posting second-place marks at each of the last two title meets. The Dukes recorded their highest point total in program history at last year's championship. Richmond was selected as the league favorite after winning the last seven titles. Duquesne topped the Spiders by a score of 154-145 in the Richmond Duals in October.
- Following the Atlantic 10 Championship, the Dukes will compete at the 2018 CSCAA National Invitational in Annapolis, Md. on March 8-10.