Feb. 1, 2014
The Duquesne women's track & field team participated in the Penn State National at University Park, Pa. on Friday and Saturday.
Five school record fell as the Dukes completed one of the most successful weekends in program history at Penn State. On Friday, the DMR team of Haley Pisarcik, Shannon Abraham, Elise Farris and Amber Valimont finished in 11:35.94 shattering the old mark by almost 15 seconds. On Saturday,
Edwards broke her own personal mark by an inch in the triple jump with a distance of 39-9.75. Anna Simone broke Melissa Miller's time in the 500m that has stood since 2010. Simone finished in 1:13.65, narrowing beating Miller's time of 1:13.70. Pisarcik also broke her own school record in the 1000m, crossing in 2:51.46. Her previous top time was 2:51.56 set last year. Louise Prevoteau set the school record in the pentathlon with a score of 3,670. The previous mark was set by Amanda Collins of 3,172 in 2011.
23. Abraham, Shannon - 58.39
3. Anna Simone - 1:13.65
10. O'Connell, Abby - 1:17.99
2. Farris, Elise - 2:09.95
8. Haitz, Shelby - 2:14.18
3. Pisarcik, Haley - 2:51.46
6. Valimont, Amber - 4:55.89
17. Palermo, Valerie - 10:16.77
12. Snyder, Danica - 18:03.81
9. O'Connell, Abby, Abraham, Shannon, Joyce, Elisa, Simone, Anna - 3:52.43
3. Haitz, Shelby, Gilliam, Hannah, Marquard, Abbie, Lunne, Emma - 9:17.41
1. Pisarcik, Haley, Abraham, Shannon, Farris, Elise, Valimont, Amber - 11:35.94
10. Key, Sherie - 5-5.25
16. Edwards, Brittney - 17-8.25
6. Edwards, Brittney - 39-9.75
20. Key, Sherie - 37-10
6. Prevoteau, Louise - 3670
The Dukes return to Youngstown, Ohio for the YSU National Mid-Major Invitational on Friday and Saturday.